678-982-6238 / email@example.com
Nov 2012 to Present: Senior Mobile & Web Developer, Team Architect, Amplify
Develop, deploy, and operate front-end web application for K-12 Education in AngularJS, enrollment subsystem in Java/Groovy/AngularJS/Ansible. Assist product owner with Agile story creation and breakdown. Coordinate cross-team development work. Interview and recommend software engineer and architect candidates.
- Streamlined product offering by integrating multiple authentication and enrollment systems.
- Reduced enrollment support footprint by simplifying Kafka/Storm architecture.
- Added real-time updates to web application users by integrating PubNub messaging.
- Led the selection of automated testing frameworks for both web and iOS applications. Technologies include Jasmine, Karma, Cucumber, Calabash, KIF, and gh-unit.
- Created iOS UI components for the iPad.
- Coordinated development work with product managers and 4 other development teams in 3 locations.
- Delivered presentations & screencasts to fellow engineers on testing frameworks, cross platform support of HTML5 features, and web application performance.
Jan 2007 to Nov 2012: Development Manager, Product Engineering, Verint Systems (formerly Witness Systems)
Manage C/C++ software engineers delivering real-time, high availability, multithreaded recording system. Manage multiple concurrent projects delivered by multiple teams. Hire and retain engineers. Support all levels of customers from end-users to executive stakeholders.
- Combined recording platforms of Verint and Witness Systems by coordinating with product management and dev teams in 4 global regions.
- Integrated recording system with Blackberry MVS/SIP system to record mobile phone calls.
- Delivered OEM/White Label version of Recording System to partner in commodities trading industry.
- Completed 6 patent applications, 5 granted to date.
- Increased performance of recording system from 650 to 1000 concurrent recordings.
- Designed & Integrated VoIP/SIP recording system with ACME Packet SBC and Avaya Definity PBX.
- Implemented H264 over RTP Video Recording of Cisco videophone.
- Achieved 99.99% recording success rate at customer site with up to 100k calls/day and 20k agent seats recorded.
- Delivered over 20 in-person and webinar based trainings to support and services organizations on various aspects of recording product.
- Integrated Recording system onto Cisco SRE-V blade module running VMWare.
Jan 2006 to Jan 2007: Systems Architect, Product Engineering, Witness Systems
Coordinate development and testing of onshore and offshore development teams. Coordinate support activities between installation, customer support, and development teams. Design, develop, and test features for C++ real-time, multithreaded, distributed recording system.
Jan 2002 to Jan 2006: Team Lead, Product Engineering, Witness Systems
Lead team of up to 5 developers creating C++ real-time, multithreaded, distributed recording system. Produce requirements, architecture, and design documentation. Coordinate support activities between installation, customer support, onshore and offshore development teams.
June 1999 to Jan 2002: Application Engineer, Product Engineering, Witness Systems
Develop and test C++ and Delphi data analytics application. Develop and test C++ multithreaded recording system.
BA Computer Science, Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, MI 1999